First day in Spain!! Flew from Boston to Dublin, which was sweet cause I had TONS of legroom and they had movies and tv shows on demand. I watched “Coco avant Chanel”, an episode of Friends, and an episode of Sex and the City. Fun. The plane landed a bit later than expected and I had to beg one of the stewardesses to let me out even though they were only letting out business class at that time. She did and I RAN through Dublin’s GINORMOUS airport. Seriously that place is giant and just never ending. I finally got to my gate and they hadn’t even started boarding yet.. typical.
The flight from Dublin to Barcelona took forever to take off but it finally did. It was the coolest thing because we were basically flying into daytime, so after we cleared the clouds over Dublin, you could see the sun rising (: it was nice but I was really tired so I slept through the 2-ish hour flight. I got my bags quickly; they were the first one’s on the belt and holy shit they’re heavy!! I put my Spanish to the test when I had to get to terminal 2A to terminal 1 and didn’t know how. I asked some random lady and she told me where the bus was. CAKE!
I met up with a big group of API people and we all got on buses to go to the hotel we’re staying at for 2 nights. I’m in a room with Brittany, who will also be living with me throughout the stay, and another girl Chelsea. Brittany got here later so Chelsea and I decided we needed to get out cause we were both starving! We walked a bit, found some food and where allllll the shopping is, and walked a bit more. I forget the name of the street with all the stores but it reminded me so much of being in Denmark.. I LOVE IT!!
We ended up in a big square type thing in front of El Catedral de Barcelona. Really pretty but they’re doing construction on it right now. Two pigeons flew at us and I hid behind Chelsea and this little old man whose name was Augustín started laughing and we talked to him for a while. He was reciting poetry, which was funny, and he was really interested in what we were doing and thought it was amazing that it was my first time here and I spoke the language so well! Until he started talking to me in Catalan and I just stared blankly. He asked us if we were in a rush, which we weren’t, and asked if we wanted him to show us Las Ramblas. Yep, we did. So we walked. We definitely need to check out Las Ramblas some more sometime but from the teeny bit we saw, it looked cool. Augustín bid us adios and we walked back to the hotel cause we had some kinda orientation meeting to go to.
Brittany showed up, and the three of us went to the meeting together. It was super long and full of all kinds of information.
The whole group is going out to dinner tonight, and we actually have to leave in a little bit. Should be fun but I am SO tired and i really just can’t wait to go to bed.
Other than the temperature here, everything is amazing so far! (:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Skemmtileg ferðasaga og hvað þú ert ánægð með fyrstu kynni af Spáni
ReplyDeleteGott að allt gekk vel.
ReplyDeletePassaðu þig á vasaþjófunum, þeir eru mjög margir og vinna jafnvel í hópum.