Today, Margarita's daughter, Yolanda, came over for lunch. She's super nice and super pretty and she speaks a bit slower than Margarita does, which was a nice change (:
We started off with whole artichokes. I don't think I’ve ever really eaten artichokes, and if I did, then I probably didn't know it. They'd been cooked in the oven and you just peel off each... leaf? I guess? And eat the soft part at the bottom of the leaf until you get to the heart, which you then eat. They were so good! Margarita and Yolanda taught us to pour vinegar into it to give it some flavor. Really delicious.
I was already kind of full after eating two of those, but I knew the meal wasn't over yet. Margarita had roasted almonds with olive oil and salt, so we were munching on those until the lamb chops were ready. The lamb reminded me of my grandma in Iceland, which was nice (: We ate them with some kind of garlic-y condiment, andddd of course it was delicious (:
THEN for "dessert" we ate clementines and turrón, which is basically chocolate. 3 hours later and I still feel like I JUST ate, so stuffed.
Barça played against Seville tonight and won 4-0 so Brittany and I took the metro to Las Ramblas to celebrate with the natives. There were tons of people out, lots of creeps too… One guy called me “culito” which, if translated directly, is “little ass” and though I know it’s not big, I was kinda offended. Apparently is legit to drink in public here so we went to this little store and bought a 1.5 l. PLASTIC bottle of Sangria and drank that while walking around.
I LOVE BARCELONA!!
Gaman að lesa blogið og alveg greinilegt að það er gaman hjá ykkur.
ReplyDeleteFarðu vel með Sangriuna ;)