Wednesday, February 24, 2010

gym observations

Well… I guess I should have cared more about that midterm. I studied a lot but it was still soooo harddd!! It’s because I know nothing about economics and politics; that stuff just doesn’t “click” with me. AND it’s awkward because when I handed in my test I told her not to look at the actual test but rather on the paper I had written on because the front was just random notes to gather my thoughts and I don’t want her to grade that, and she goes “well we can talk about it tomorrow!” and I’m like “…..no”. This is the teacher with whom I have my internship so even if I did horribly I’ll have to face her tomorrow. And I know this is horrible and that you should never not at least try to answer a question, but for one I actually wrote, “I don’t understand agglomeration advantages” (WHO DOES, ANYWAY??) and left it at that. Ehhh well, it’s over now and I don’t care. Sorry.

Anyway, I went to the gym today and I was just doing my thang on the treadmill and I realized there are so many different personalities there. There are a couple of people I see every. single. time. I’m there.
One, is this gorgeous chick who just knows she’s gorgeous. She got looooong jetblack hair, really pouty lips, big boobs, etc. and she’s always there working out with a personal trainer. She also is always NOT wearing a sportsbra. She wears like strapless bandeau tops or one-shoulder tops under SUPER low cut tank tops. Today she was actually wearing a sportsbra but she was only wearing it with one strap, the other one was tucked away in her armpit. THIS blows my mind because… HOW? It’s not because I’m staring it’s just that her boobs are so big that you can’t not notice, and I can’t fathom how it’s comfortable to work out like she does without some legit support. Anyway. She walks around like she owns the place, her male friend following her around like a little puppy, with a can of Coke Zero and works out like a maniac. She always works with the same trainer and I always feel like he looks so intimidated by her when in reality I think it should be the other way around.
Then there is this really metro dude who wears THE shortest shorts I’ve ever seen on a man. Like… I have underwear that, if he wore them, they’d be the same thing as the shorts he wears. I’ve noticed that a lot of men wear short shorts but this guy’s got everyone beat in the short shorts department. I have nothing else to say about this guy, just that his shorts are really short.
There’s another girl who’s so fit it’s amazing. She seems to be really into fitness, wears weight lifting gloves everytime she works out, and she just… goes. She’s always there by herself, she never talks to anyone, and she doesn’t take breaks. She doesn’t even bring water! I feel like she knows exactly what she’s doing. I’ve seen her running, using the weight machines, doing ab work in the stretch room (my abs would have a serious breakdown if I did the same routine as she does), she goes to spinning daily… she’s a machine, and I kind of admire her.
There’s a dude who always wears the same shirt. It’s a red t-shirt with nothing on the front and on the back it says “Life is a party. Party is She” And I don’t know what that means, which kinda bothers me. What is “She”? I’m thinking I might ask him someday because I really wanna know. He also has the FUGLIEST eyebrow piercing and pretends he’s the shit when he tries to “teach” all his friends how to use the weight machines, only to be interrupted by one of the trainers, telling him he’s doing it wrong.
Besides those four, there’s a man who I honestly thought was Ceasar Millan. And there’s another spin chick with big ass shoulders.
At any given moment, the personal trainers are wandering around the gym, either training someone or just scoping things out. Today, one of them almost did surgery on my finger (not really but he was so intense about it) because I started bleeding profusely from my knuckle randomly while running. He’s really really good looking.

Anyway. Now I’m gonna go read 30 pages for class IN SPANISH (omg so hard) and then I do believe I want/need a drink, so I think Katy and I are gonna go do that. Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha ask the guy, I also wanna know what it means!!
    Hugs from Marlborough.

    ReplyDelete